Here you will find recommendations for premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and postmenopausal symptoms.
Please click here to find out important information regarding women's health; including pregnancy, lactation, diet, exercise, and much more.
All about Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
OTC Treatment Options
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) OTC Treatment Options:
1) Ibuprofen for cramping and vaginal pain associated with menstrual cycle
2) Diurex for water retention and bloating associated with menstrual cycle
5) Panty liners
Menopausal OTC options:
Always follow the recommendations made by your health care provider, and always check with pharmacist for drug interactions with supplements.
1) Black cohosh may control symptoms of menopause as an alternative to hormone replacement therapy
2) St. Johns Wart may help with mood balance and sleep disorders associated with menopause
3) Calcium and Vitamin D for bone health; click here to see the recommended amounts of Calcium and Vitamin D for your age as well as important information about osteoporosis
NOTE: The body only absorbs 500mg of calcium at a time, must take 2 to 3 times per day for therapeutic response